Each of the 9 rooms/units come with the following amenities:
- panel heaters
- electric blankets
- hospitality fridge
- Dstv commercial bouquet
- free wifi
- ironing facility
- information folders (read more below)
- microwaves, toasters, crockery & cutlery
- full kitchenettes/lounge/dining areas for the four fully self-catered units
Information folders show:
places of interest, restaurants and activities in the area. We have a selection of brochures in the hallway of the guesthouse as well.
We have four fully self-catered units & the rest of our rooms are provided with semi self-catering facilities .
You will find 7 restaurants & local village shops within 1km of us & easy access with the N3 highway 2kms away.Pietermaritzburg city centre 10kms.
For guests who wish to eat in, we offer a delivery dinner service from one of our excellent local caterers: a tray is brought to your room with main course + side dishes & dessert.Orders need to be made 24 hours prior &
please let us know of any specific dietary requirements.
A choice of either a full health & delicious, traditional English breakfast
or a substantial health option is served in the conservatory on the deck of the main house.Open between 7 to 9am Monday to Saturday & 7.30 to 9.30am Sundays.If guests require an early start, please give us 24 hours’ notice & we will provide either a health breakfast tray or a packed breakfast to your room. Packed lunches can be organised too with prior notice.
Other conveniences available are
- laundry service (24 hour turnaround)
- braais/barbecues (both charcoal & gas)
- fax facility
- all credit cards accepted
- children welcome
- pool & trampoline, spacious garden
- onsite parking with own gate access provided
- auto on & off generator if needed
To be found in the surrounding area:
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs & local village shops
- Health Spas
- Golf courses
- Private schools of Hilton, St Annes & Grace Colleges, Cowan House Primary
- Hilton Life Hospital
- Nature reserves
- Blue Crane Conservancy
- Nelson Mandela’s Capture site with museum
- Howick & Karkloof Falls
- Karkloof Canopy Tours
- Ango-boer war memorabilia – Howick.
- Wedding venues & conferencing
Tours can be booked with qualified guides on a variety of topics of interest
. Historical Pietermaritzburg
. French presence in Pietermaritzburg
. Wildlife, gameparks, ecotourism, avifauna, nature, ecology, botany, forest ecology, birding.
. KZN general