West room is on the upper floor of the main guesthouse.It is a cosy double room under the eaves of the guesthouse. Bathroom ensuite comes with a Victorian bath, shower and underfloor heating.The bedroom offers double bed with electric blanket and a comfortable armchair.Room amenities also include Dstv, teatray, hairdryer, panel heater & wallfan, ironing facility.
Breakfast is optional therefore we have supplied a barfridge,microwave, toaster, crockery & cutlery for your convenience. Hilton’s village centre is within a kilometre therefore it’s simple to access supplies or have a meal out.
West room is one of nine rooms/units at Gateside Guesthouse.All our rooms are different which we feel adds personality.Guests have told us they feel more “at home” as each room has its own unique character.More importantly, various roomtypes means we can offer you, the guest, a room that suits your specific needs.Besides West room, there are two other rooms on the upper floor of the main guesthouse.The main guesthouse building is solely for the use of our guests.We have a guestlounge, dining area, breakfast room & deck on the groundfloor. The other 6 rooms are separate from the main guesthouse and are either bedrooms or fully self-catered units.
For information at a glance, Gateside Guesthouse facilities :
1.Dstv in the guestlounge
2.Working space in the inside dining room
3.Braais (both gas & charcoal) on the guesthouse deck or at the various units
4. Spacious garden with great views!
5. Large saltwater pool
6. Trampoline for the children
7. Onsite parking
8. Small conference facilities – 12 persons maximum
9. FREE WIFI
10. Automatic generator if needed
11. Two pet-friendly units
Gateside Guesthouse is 3kms from the N3 highway.We are in a quiet cul-de-sac with wonderful views!
We are close to:
- Private schools – Hilton College, St Annes, Grace College as well as Cowan House primary.1km to 9kms.
- Our well-known government school, Laddsworth Primary – 1km
- The Hilton Life Hospital – 3kms
- Pietermaritzburg city centre is 11kms away.
- both the Drakensburg mountains and the beaches of Durban and surrounds – 1 to 1 1/2 hours’ drive
- Pietermaritzburg’s Oribi airport – 20 mins’ drive
- Durban’s King Shaka airport – 1 hour 20 mins’ drive